Data privacy is a human right that is why truzo is committed to the privacy and confidentiality of information provided to us in compliance with all relevant legislation, including the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (“POPI”) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
What is personal information?
Personal information (hereafter referred to as ‘information’ or ‘personal information’) is any information about an identifiable individual that may include, but is not limited to the following:
- names and surname, email addresses, phone numbers, gender, age of a person;
- information relating to the education/ qualification of a person; and/or
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone, number, location information, online identifier.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the website or enter information on the website.
Information that you provide
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, organisation, physical address, password, location, education qualification history, gender or other details, as appropriate, to help you with your experience.
When you subscribe to alerts or other services from us, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details, as appropriate, to help us ensure that we provide you with relevant information regarding anything on the website.
Information that we automatically collect
We automatically collect data about you and your device including, but not limited to: (i) location; (ii) Internet Protocol (IP) address; (iii) browser type; (iv) access times and duration of your use of our website; (v) searches conducted on our website; (vi) your use of our website and any actions taken on our website; (vii) device’s operating system; (viii) type of device used; and (ix) any information stored in cookies that we have set on your device.
Information collected from cookies
Our third party partners may also automatically collect information to provide certain features on our website, conduct analytics, and display marketing material based upon your web browsing activity.
We may include third party hyperlinks to their website. These third party websites have separate privacy policies. We therefore take no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and information collected from our website. We welcome any feedback about these external websites.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to do the following:
- Respond to your queries and comments timely.
- Send communications, updates and marketing material about the company.
- Personalise your user experience.
- Allow us to deliver the type of content you are most interested in.
- Send communications about updates to Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policies and other legal notices.
- Administer this website and help us improve and operate our website, services and marketing material.
- Provide you with requested material and/or information.
- Provide reports to third parties (such reports are aggregated and do not contain any information which may identify you as an individual).
- Send confirmation and technical notices, security alerts, administrative messages, feedback communications.
Sharing personal information
We may share your information with the following parties or for the following reasons:
- Business partners, companies, service providers, employees or agents who are involved in delivering services to you on our behalf.
- Law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and other parties in order to comply with the law, legal processes or lawful requests e.g. a court order, warrant.
- Other parties with your consent.
- Companies and affiliates who form part of the Envisionit Group of Companies.
- We may share information to protect the rights and property of Truzo, our agents, customers, and others. This includes, but is not limited to, enforcing our agreements, policies and terms and conditions.
In the event of a reorganisation, restructuring, merger, bankruptcy, sale of the business, we may share your information with the third party involved in the transaction.
How do we safe guard your personal information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security exploits and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to the website as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your information may be stored in locations outside of South Africa. These information storage facilities make use of state-of-the-art technologies and measures to ensure that your information is safeguarded.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of authorised persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
You may choose to disclose your information in certain ways such as social plug-ins (including those offered by Google, Facebook, Twitter) or using third-party services that allow you to post reviews or other information publicly, and a third party could use that information.
You are responsible for keeping your personal and account information secure and not sharing it with others.
We will never ask you for your personal or account information through unsolicited or unscrupulous means.
Although we have implemented security measures to protect your information, you acknowledge that your information may be accessed by unauthorised parties through illegal, unlawful or malicious means.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to access, amend and delete your personal information.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information.
In order for you to amend, correct, access or delete your personal information, you will need to provide us with a written request and sufficient information for us to identify you. Any requests to delete personal information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical requirements or document retention obligations imposed on us by law, legal processes or legal requests.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
Truzo (Pty) Ltd
2nd Floor, One-on-Jameson Building
1 Jameson Avenue, Melrose Estate
Johannesburg, South Africa, 2196
+2711 486 0692 / 0847